Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of South Orange County provides cleanup and restoration for many bio-hazard situations, such as when a home or business has been affected by a trauma, sewage back up, chemical spill, hoarding, human and animal wastes. A trauma clean up may consist of a suicide/death, homicide, blood clean up, or accident clean up. SERVPRO of South Orange County Professionals are equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Call us to learn more about SERVPRO of South Orange County’s bio-hazard cleanup system. 407-226-2621
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (407) 708-9250
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of South Orange County has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Nona
- Doctor Phillips
- Lake Hart
- Meadow Woods
- Hunters Creek